Facebook is now suspending its service on some mobiles.
The implementation of new technologies has forced Facebook and Messenger to demand that you change or pass to a more modern mobile that allows implementing options on Video calls, videogames, chatbots, and upcoming mobile payments.
Many of the old Android phones and iOS are incompatible with the new services offered by Facebook Messenger.
This explains that the social network has decided to dispense with several models of Android, which are disconnected from their servers.
The determination made by Facebook and Messenger is effective for those mobiles that run a version before the 2.3 (Gingerbread) that is already more than 6 years and hardly represents 1% of the market share today.
The rule will also apply for versions like Android 4 (ice cream Sandwich) that have to be updated to continue them. Something similar happens with iOS.
Users who do not want to update their app to their latest version should enter Facebook via the browser, this for the case of versions prior to 2.3 or use the App Lite of both if they have 2.3. The rest of the later versions of Android and iOS must be updated.
In Windows Phone, the third mobile operating system affected by this measure will be without support, users of the Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 versions, which are the majority, since Windows 10 is a bit more extended.
The affected Messengers are the following:
- Android Facebook for Android V55 released on November 16, 2015, and below.
- Messenger V10, released on August 14, 2014, and below.
- The Facebook for iPad V26 released and October 10, 2011, and below.
- Messenger V8 released on July 14, 2014, and below.
- Facebook for iOS, released and October 10, 2011, and below.
- Windows Facebook for Windows Phone.
- Messenger for Windows Phone 8 and 8.1.
- Facebook for Windows 8 and 8.1 desktop app.
Facebook is suspending its service for the following mobiles
- Most recent entry old view version for cellphone
- The other, Download PC install Android on PC app for PC
- Operating systems that are no longer compatible with Facebook and Messenger