The Best Diet Apps for Pregnant Women
As many mothers will tell you, bringing a child into this world is not easy. There are always risks that can affect both child and mother that you can never prepare for. But that does not mean that you will just sit around and wait for the pregnancy related problems to arise.
If you really care about making sure that your baby comes out healthy and happy, you will be proactive and do your part in securing your child’s safety. One way to do this is to have a healthy diet.
It is no secret that, what you eat is also what your baby eats. So if you eat a lot of sweets, your baby will end up ingesting them too. If you take in caffeine, you and your baby can both stay awake to the wee hours of the morning.
A healthy diet rich in vegetables, protein, and the right amount of nutrients is one of the biggest factors that can help ensure that your child grows up healthy and strong while inside your womb. To help you with your healthy diet, here are some of the best
pregnancy diet apps you can use.
1. Rise – This diet app is a bit costly at $10 a week but it will save you from all your diet woes. It will connect you to your own personal dietitian who will give feedback about your diet to ensure that both you and your baby are getting enough nutrients.
To use this app, you will simply need to take a photo of your food or describe them to a registered dietitian and he will give you the appropriate diet advice. This takes the guesswork out of ensuring that you and your baby get 100% RDA for folate and other nutrients.
2. Oh Baby! Fitness App – It is important that you keep exercising even when you are expecting. This app provides baby and mommy safe exercises you can do while you are pregnant. The exercises differ at every stage of your pregnancy.
3. Pregnancy Foods – Another app that helps you determine the nutritional value of your food is the Pregnancy Foods app. You can also get suggestions on what kinds of food to eat, avoid, and eat in moderation during your pregnancy. This app is updated constantly with new information about the different kinds of food that will keep you and your baby healthy while you are pregnant.
4. Pregnancy Diet Pro – while shopping in the grocery, bring this app along to help you determine the different caloric content and nutritional value of the things that you buy.
5. Eating for Two App – Your diet is also your baby’s diet. The Eating for Two app will help you find food that will benefit both you and your baby. You will be given ideas that you can try at home. You’ll get sample meal plans and other ideas on how you can keep you and your baby healthy as you go through your pregnancy.
These apps are only made to assist you during your pregnancy and must not be used in place of the advice of your doctor. Your doctor is still the number one source of information when it comes to proper pregnancy diets. Always consult your doctor before using any of these pregnancy diet apps.